Thanks for all who responded.  Combining everyones posts I was able to put
together a config that now works.

For the record:

You can indeed use a single ISDN line to connect two routers together to
practice your ISDN configs. This config was tested using two C2503 routers,
a single motorola NT1 w/2 ST ports and a single U port. The line was a
standard ISDN line from SWBell.

r3
interface BRI0
 ip address 133.2.9.2 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 no keepalive
 dialer string 7133169437
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 71331694360101

r5

interface BRI0
 ip address 133.2.9.1 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation ppp
 no keepalive
 dialer string 7133169436
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 71331694370101

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

This is sooo much cheaper than a simulator and sofar I have been able to do
everthing i have been wanting to practice. I dont suppose you could do
multilink but who cares! Thank you everybody this is a great group.