From: "Priscilla Oppenheimer"
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:13:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Interconnecting Netware Server and Workstation... [7:19911]

Is the workstation directly connected to E0 on Router_2? What do you see
with show int e0? Is it up, up?

Is the workstation actually behind a switch and getting bit by no portfast?
That's jumping to conclusions, I know, but it's such a common problem....

What happens when you try to log into the server? What is the error message
on the workstation?

Could you manually configure SAP at the workstation? Maybe the auto sense
encap isn't working.

Can the workstation do anything non-NetWare? For example, can it do an IP
ping to the routers?

Could you put a sniffer on the workstation? That would tell you what's
happening.

Please let us know what you find out. I'm collecting Novell troubleshooting
scenarios!  Thanks. ;-)

Priscilla

At 02:33 AM 9/14/01, you wrote:
>Hello,
>Am having difficulty being able to log into Netware 4.11 Server from a
>workstation.
>
>Setup is this:
>Netware 4.11 Server
>Tree: LHS
>Context: LHS
>Encapsulation: Ethernet_802.2
>Network:  EBDCB76E
>
>Server is attached to hub which is attached to E0 int on Router_1
>We have Windows 2000 Pro Workstation attached to this hub also and can login
>to and manage server (everything works on local network).
>
>Router_1
>IPX Routing enabled
>int E0 has IPX network address of EBDCB76E and encapsulation is SAP
>int S0 is DCE, clockrate is 56000, IPX net is 10, encap is HDLC
>ipx router rip
>network EBDCB76E
>network 10
>
>Router_2
>IPX Routing enabled
>int E0 has IPX net of 20 and encap is SAP
>int S1 is DTE, IPX net is 10, encap is HDLC
>ipx router rip
>network 10
>network 20
>
>Windows 2000 Pro Workstation is attached to E0 on Router_2 and IPX address
>is 20.  Encap is on auto sense with Novell Client 4.8
>
>Now, I can sh ipx servers and see the LHS services.  Also, sh ipx routes and
>I have routes established on both routers.
>
>Am I missing somethinggu0D

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com