Hello everyone:

   I have tricky situation here.  There are two
different frame relay OSPF networks connected in hub &
spoke topology. Both hub routers sit behing PIX which
are conncted to internet. Hub routers have this static
routes pointing to PIX. I am using "redistibute
static" command to advertise default static route to
all spoke routers. The ISP provides failover such that
if connection to one PIX fails the packets will be
automatically routed to anotehr PIX from outside.

   My problem is I want connect these to networks from
one of  spoke router in Network 1 to another spoke
router in Network 2 & provide secondary default route
so that ISP failover is complete. I still want all
nodes in each network access internet through their
own PIX as long as internet is up, but when one
internet is down they should be able to go through
another PIX. How do make this secondary route become
active only when internet is down. First of all, how
does internal hub router which runs on private IP
detect if internet is down. Does it have to trcak
external PIX interface status OR ISP router status ?

Any thoughts on this will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
pat