You need to have clocking internal on one end and line (default) on the
other.
 atm clock INTERNAL
I don't have Caslow handy so don't know if the above is included in the
config.
Here's a working config between two 7500s. They are running 11.3

First end:
interface ATM6/0
 description Location AnyCo_North. Always node 4.
 no ip address
 atm clock INTERNAL
!
interface ATM6/0.1 multipoint
 description pvc to Data Center via  fiber
 ip address xxx.yyy.7.250 255.255.255.252 secondary
 ip address 10.18.35.4 255.255.255.0
 atm pvc 1 0 35 aal5snap
 map-group TGN
 appletalk cable-range 35-35 35.4
 appletalk zone ATM
map-list TGN
 ip 10.18.35.1 atm-vc 1 broadcast
 appletalk 35.1 atm-vc 1 broadcast
 ip xxx.yyy.7.249 atm-vc 1 broadcast

Other end:
interface ATM12/0
 description Location AnyCo. Always node 1.
 no ip address
!
interface ATM12/0.1 multipoint
 description pvc to AnyCo_North
 ip address xxx.yyy.7.249 255.255.255.252 secondary
 ip address 10.18.35.1 255.255.255.0
 atm pvc 1 0 35 aal5snap
 map-group TGE
 appletalk cable-range 35-35 35.1