No
Every effort has been made to try to simulate ISDN without a simulator, but
todate no one has come up with a fix.  You need a simulator.
Try:
http://www.teltone.com/
  Brad Ellis  wrote: Derrick,

You can not simulate an ISDN connection without some type of ISDN
switch...whether it be the telco ISDN switch, or an ISDN simulator, you need
something to act as the CO. You could purchase an ISDN line from the
telephone company, and split the B-channels. That would probably be the
cheapest way to go, but you couldnt do multilink (at least between the two
split B-channels) and you would loose portability (if you needed it). The
most beneficial way to go is with an ISDN simulator. They have excellent
resale (at the moment) and are pretty convenient. You can check out one of
our websites, www.cheapisdn.com for a low cost simulator. Add a couple of
2504s (the lowest cost 25xx ISDN routers), and you should have yourself a
pretty good ISDN home lab. If you want other info, please email me off
line.

On a side note, Ive heard rumors that Cisco was looking into putting ISDN
switching capabilities into their 26xx routers and higher. Can anyone
validate this?

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796
Network Learning Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Derrick Monahan"" wrote in message
> I am trying to setup a lab so I can test and practice various ISDN
> scenarios. Is there a way to simulate an ISDN environment without
connecting
> to a telco isdn switch ? What is the cheapest solution and what would be
> the most beneficial solution ? I didn't think you could setup a router to
> act as an ISDN switch like you could for a frame- relay switch.
Please send replys to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Donate cash, emergency relief information inYahoo! News.