From: Peter van Oene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 10:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Need clarification on BDR promotion to DR [7:20163]

If that is the case then you are dealing with code issues.  As Chuck
points out, in this scenario, both routers will either promote
themselves to DR while alone, or both will see the link as inactive (no
keepalives) In either case, reintroduction to the segment will stimulate
a new DR election.  I can't see how this could be any more logical.
What do you find illogical.  Also, I'm not sure what role R2 plays in
this scenario?

Pete