You have only told us about the physical layer. There doesn't seem to be
any problem at that layer, from what you have told us. But Telnet is an
application layer that works on top of TCP/IP. TCP should be fine unless
there are access lists. Any problems will probably be due to IP addressing
or routing. In particular make sure that VLAN 1 is on a subnet that the
rest of the network can reach. Those are my initial thoughts based on very
little data....

Good luck. Let us know if there are any issues. Thanks.

Priscilla

At 06:40 AM 9/20/01, Shane Stockman wrote:
>I have set a 2924 with a management address on vlan 1.We want to use a cross
>over to a 3com hub which runs into another 3com which runs into a
>router.There is a 2mb line between between the 2 buildings and the core sits
>at the second building.
>
>Will I be able to telnet into the switch ?
>
>Thanks in advance

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com