Hi all,

I have the problem between apple machines and cisco catalyst switches. Last
week, I replace my old 3Com switches to Cisco 3524 switches. Then most of my
apple machines cannot access each other(cannot access appleshare). After I
setup port speed and duplex mode on individual ports according to the apple
machines NIC spec:, apple machines can access to PC server(MAC volume and
e-mail). But some are still cannot see each others. I put back those apple
machines to old 3Com switches and it works fine.

All the apple machines have no zone settings. My network is flat network and
no subnet.

Do I need other special setting on my cisco switches for apple environment?

Thanks for your advice,
Moe.