i see where you are cominbg from my friend

i believe you are correct on Q2 but incorrect on Q1

if the packets are perfectly formed they will be transported through the
internetwork..

but as Q1 says

"would cause broadcast
>traffic to be contained within the physical segment?"

from a physical standpoint it is correct..if the gateway you  are sending
frames to dosent understand those frame it will drop them

"Host interface is constantly sending frame fragments
Host interface is constantly sending frames with CRC errors"

these hosts are basically sending garbage to the gateway and as such the
gateway won`t know what to do with them ..so it will drop them ..

all brodcast igmp and icmp request`s aslong as properly formatted will
traverse the internet ok ....

yes there are ways and means around this but from the point of view of the
question....Q1 is correct

Anyone Else ?.

steve