Interesting.

19.  Will I need to prepare any differently for the new format exams?
No. Only the format of the exam itself has changed. The knowledge and skills
required to pass are the same in the old and new formats.

There's no reference to the fact that the equipment list is being revised as
was reported earlier by Brad Ellis
(http://www.groupstudy.com/archives/cisco/200108/msg03300.html) so I
wouldn't necessarily think that you should run out and buy a PIX and try and
get some hands-on on a 6509.  I've got an email into Cisco asking if the
equipment is changing as was rumored.

There has been another question circulating around this list--specifically,
what happens if you lose your CCIE certification--does your number get
released back into the pool or do you get to keep that number if you end up
recertifying again.  The answer according to the people I've emailed at
Cisco is that the number is yours.  If you recertify, you get it back.

The other question I asked Cisco was about whether you could call yourself a
CCIE if you have a status of "suspended" (your two years has elapsed and
you're in the 1 year grace period to complete the recertification exam) or
"inactive" (you've failed to successfully complete the recertification
exam).  Again, the answer I received was that once you're a CCIE, you're
always a CCIE.  You must however clarify your status so that you don't
mislead anyone.  If you're inactive, you must clarify that fact.  If you're
suspended, likewise.

Hope that helps answer all of those CCIE mysteries...