I have done many DLSW configs including what used to be refered to as
translational bridging and had never had to worry about canonical,
non-canonical.  Now ring numbers in hex vs. dec is another story...

  Dave

Cisco Lover wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Having a very simple confusion about when and where we need to convert
> canonical/noncanonical addresses ,when dealing with DLSW+??
>
> Like for eg, if the Question ask to use ICANREACH macaddress command on
> tokenring router to show that this router can reach an ethernet
> macaddress.... DO we have to change ethernet address to noncanonical at
this
> stage before specifying with ICANREACh command or ant thing else??
>
> Please solve the confusion.
>
> Thanks.
> Cisco lover

David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer
CCIE# 2016
Qwest Communications Int. Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-664-3367

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"