More...

If you can ping a server by its IP address but not its name, try to add it
in the workstations hosts file.

The hosts file is in C:\windows on 95 an 98 computers, but I can't remember
where it is on NT/2000 computers. It might not even be there, so search for
hosts.sam which is a sample file.

If you in the same folder can see hosts (without any extension) edit it,
else create it.

Add the following line to it and save it:

        192.168.1.19  Acct_Svr_1  #pre   #dom:JoesShoeShop

where
        192.168.1.19    is the IP
        Acct_Svr_1              is the server name
        JoesShoeShop    is the domain name

See if it works now.

If that helps, you are not getting any name resolution from neither WINS nor
DNS.

Let me know,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~