No, Chris, the routers receiving a type-3 LSA do NOT need to recalculate
the SPF algorithm.  The key to understanding this is to realize that the
routers within an area have complete knowledge of the topology of the
area.  In order to get to any destination in a different area, they must go
through the ABR.  If something changes in another area's topology, it does
not affect how they get to the ABR, so no recalculation is required.

Another way to look at it is to recall what information is contained in
each type of LSA.  Type-1 and type-2 LSAs contain detailed topology
information -- not only subnet and mask, but exactly what routers are
connected to each of the network(s) in question.  The type-3 LSA contains
only information about subnets/networks (and their costs) that are
reachable through the advertising ABR, not which routers are connected to
them.  So the topology of an area is invisible to any routers outside that
area.  If the routers don't have any topology information on an area,
there's no information to run SPF against.

A foggy reply for early in the morning, but hope this helps a bit.

Pamela