Hello,

  I ordered a Token Ring module from someone off ebay. I stuck it in my cat
5000 and it said that it had an invalid configuration (probably because
there
was just previously a different module in it) and the status was "faulty".
did a clear config all and reset, and it no longer said that there was an
invalid configuration for the module, just that it was faulty. Periodically,
it says "module is not responding, resetting module". I moved it to a
different slot, and now the status changed to "other", but it comes up with
the same periodic message. I know both slots work fine.
  I bought it and the guy I bought it from guaranteed it wasn't DOA.
  Is there something else I need to do to get it working?

Joe Carr