If I were to take a wild guess, I would say that your 2524 does not have a
quad zero default pointing to the PIX inside address.

your routing is screwy to begin with. a lot of folks don't like to do it
this way, but I would point the default route of all inside devices to the
2524, and have the quad zero default on the 2524 pointing to the inside of
the PIX. your router ethernet interface receives all packets, then forwards
them accordingly.

idle curiosity - why not use your 2610 as your inside router, and the 2524
as the internet router? you can full duplex the 2610 Ethernet and improve
performance, especially under this scenario of using the router interface as
the default gateway.

in general, a good design might be:

internet----internet_edge_router----firewall---switch---inside_router----WAN
---other_nets

the way you have things now, you are expecting the PIX to route, and it is
not a router. your inside PCs try to get to your WAN, and their default
gateway is the PIX, which cannot route.

hope this makes sense.

Chuck