>Right.
>But all I wanted to confirm is that the book implies that
>ALL traffic is suspended until the OSPF network is converged?
>
>Elmer

Not necessarily. In general, routing will continue even with a route
failure  longer than will bridging. OSPF has to send a new route to
the RIB, which then has to make its way to the FIB.

Incidentally, there are drafts underway in the IETF to continue
"optimistic" forwarding even after a complete shutdown and restart of
routing protocols.