The 3900 is on the list, expect to configure it.  As far as "an emphatic
hands-on topic"....  I believe there is a tutorial on the documentation CD.
I assume the tutorial covers "basic" configuration, so I would be prepared
to do a "basic" config from memory.

As far as any "empathic" topics... I think you could get away without
knowing it intimately... just as you could on virtually any other topic
(except for IP, Frame and the core protocols).  It is all on the CD.  The
question is.... how many topics do you  have to lack knowledge on before you
run out of time.

As you review your exam folder, you will be saying to yourself... "I know
how to do that.... and that...   I'll have to look this up to be certian...
they want me to do what?  How!?!"    Knowing it well just means that you
will be able to nail it when you get to the exam.  And the fewer time you
say "I know" in the exam... the chances of visiting the lab again will go
up.