bit as 0.  This bit is the I/G bit (Individual/Group) bit.  A source
address  is always an individual address so the bit is used in source
addresses to indicate the presence of a RIF.

Note that I am talking on a bit level here.  One IBM vendor address is
10 00 5A, but the 1 here is 0001, so the MSB is still zero.  If the
source address is 10 00 5A 12 34 56, then if there is a RIF the source
address will appear as 90 00 5A 12 34 56.

HTH, Fred.