On Feb 23,  8:03am, "Priscilla Oppenheimer" wrote:
}
} Hee hee. That's very funny. I'm going to ask a dumb question though. I
know
} what rm does. What does rm -rf do?

     -r = recursive (all files and subdirectories below the directory given)
     -f = force (don't prompt, do whatever is needed, don't report errors)

} Often e-mails to the group with URLs in them get filtered. I'm not sure
} why. It happens especially with short e-mails when the URL is near the
top.
} You just have to be patient and persistent.

     If you use a non-GUI mail reader where you can see exactly what
the mail looks like, the problem is obvious.  The URL ends up in the
header.  This is a bug in the mail processing software.  It is keying
on the single word followed by a ':' (http:) and thinks it is part of
the header.  The end of the headers is signified by a blank line, not
by a line that doesn't start with a word followed by a ':'.  One of
these days, I'll remember to send Paul an example to show just how the
mail gets mangled when the first line is a URL.

}-- End of excerpt from "Priscilla Oppenheimer"