Hi!

I have a couple of question with regards to the security attack (for
beginners
like me!), if you suspect this will happen to you. Say you have a PIX with
cisco
router, your inbound traffic is very high and the PIX logs is filling up
with
lots of port scanning, connection drop, DoS attack, nimda and etc.. what
would you do
at first place? Any steps or procedure people practices?

As for my suggestion, if the logs show http attack (base on the destination
port),
I will intend to debug ip http traffic in the router, then probably ip icmp
traffic. If by most of the traffic is inbound, I would immediately apply the
access-list to filter all the inbound http traffic.

Any suggestion?
Regards,
Ryan