Priscilla,

Thanks for the response.   Any idea as to why the TFTP protcol over our WAN
will run at 4k/sec and FTP at 165k/sec.  I just figured that the smaller
packet size of UDP would help. I also thought that UDP is connectionless and
thefor requires no ACKS.  Other sites on our WAN I can transfer large files
via TFTP and they run at very good speeds. I'm just concerned about this one
site. Any other ideas?

Tim