Well, here is what my happy little Cisco 1601 is prepared to do:

werner-gateway#copy ?
  /erase          Erase destination file system.
  flash:          Copy from flash: file system
  flh:            Copy from flh: file system
  ftp:            Copy from ftp: file system
  null:           Copy from null: file system
  nvram:          Copy from nvram: file system
  rcp:            Copy from rcp: file system
  running-config  Copy from current system configuration
  startup-config  Copy from startup configuration
  system:         Copy from system: file system
  tftp:           Copy from tftp: file system

I would add to the list and say you could always copy it to
another like router's flash and swap out the flash with the one
that is blank.  I would also remove Xmodem/Ymodem as an
optionon many platforms, because it is not necessarily
available.

HTH,

Paul Werner

> 10/18/2001   12:45pm  Thursday
>
> Professionals,
>
> If a Cisco router has a blank flash, are there any options to
load an
> image
> BESIDES Xmodem/Ymodem & TFTP ?
>
> Thanks,