I'm looking for feedback that I am/not calculating my custom queue byte
count the correct size.

Below I've made up a circuit with a 56K cir and a port speed of 64K.  Assume
the carrier lets me burst to port speed.

My first question would be do I calculate the queue sizes based on cir or
cir+be?  I did the calculations below based on cir.

I said I wanted to give 10% to WWW, 25% to DLSW, 25% to VoIP, and the
remaining 40% to everything else.

56000 bits per second = 7000 bytes per second  (56000/8)

7000 * .10 = 700
7000 * .25 = 1750
7000 * .40 = 2800

interface serial0.2
 frame-relay class pointtwo

map-class frame-relay pointtwo
 frame-relay traffic-rate 56000 64000
 frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn
 frame-relay custom-queue-list 2

queue-list 2 protocol ip 1 tcp www
queue-list 2 protocol dlsw 2
queue-list 2 protocol ip 3 list 180
queue-list 2 default 4
queue-list 2 queue 1 byte-count 700
queue-list 2 queue 2 byte-count 1750
queue-list 2 queue 3 byte-count 1750
queue-list 2 queue 4 byte-count 2800

access-list 180 permit udp any any range 16384 16484
access-list 180 permit tcp any any eq 1720

Going by a calculation I've read in the Slaterlee/Hutnik book (pg 481).  To
assign 75% of all bandwidth to one queue and 25% of the bandwidth to the
other queue, they made two queues the first 7500 bytes and the second 2500
bytes and placed that queue on an ethernet interface.  Those byte count
numbers don't follow the bandwidth capacity of an ethernet interface.  So,
how did those figures get calculated?

Another way I've seen these custom queues calculated:  (in a training class
I attended last month)

Using the figures from my test scenario of 10% WWW, 25% DLSw and VoIP and
40% default.  Using the default byte size of a queue, 1500 bytes.

My 10% queue would equal 1500 bytes.

10%=1500bytes - WWW
25%=3750bytes - DLSw
25%=3750bytes - VoIP
40%=6000bytes - Default

The first method I listed seems to make the most sense to me.

This whole process has me confused as to which method is the correct method.
Any help shedding light on this would be extremely welcome.

Thanks,
- JT