Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup a syslog server so that I can log messages from cisco
routers and switches.  I am running this syslog on a Linux box.
Since syslog is a standard feature of unix/linux, I am pretty happy with it,
given my disdain for Microssoft.

By default syslog server on Linux refuses to accept remoting logging from
other devices other than itself.  I modify this by turning on the
-r option.  This make the Linux machine to accept remote logging.

My problem is that the syslog messages from Cisco routers and switches are
logged into the same file (/var/log/messages) that the Linux machines logs
its own system messages.  How can I separate the messages between the two?

Thanks.