Put a cheap token ring card in a PC, and get a nice token ring mau and some
IBM Type 1 cables (the thick cables with huge, ugly hermaphrodite plugs.
Connect the PC to the MAU and connect the 2521's toke ring port to the MAU.

I say to use the TR capability of your router because it is a shame to let a
perfectly good token ring port go to waste.  If you are like just about
everyone else on this list, you will eventually want to at least try for the
CCIE, and token ring is crucial to learn.  I suggest IBM TR stuff because
that is the equipment that finally allowed me to make token ring work
reliably.  I had problems with RJ-45 MAUs, but IBM stuff worked correctly
from the get-go.  And it is cheaper than dirt.

Once you have your TR connection from router to PC running TFTP server
(downloadable from Cisco), type "copy tftp flash", and the router will take
it from there.

Someone else can tell you how to use the console port to upgrade the IOS.  I
strongly recommend buying extremely cheap TR equipment and trying TR.  I
hated token ring before I bought my cheap IBM TR gear, but I love Token Ring
now, and I am studying for my CCIE lab exam, so it's a good thing I love it
now.

Thomas Larus