From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Thomas
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 12:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CAT 2948G (L2) vs. CAT3548-XL [7:23563]

Hi All,

I saw an ads with Cisco CAT 2948G Layer 2 switch that has a price almost the
same as the Cisco CAT 3548-EN-XL.  Based on the discription, It seems that
the 2948G running CATOS, while 3548s running IOS.  Also, 2948G has a better
speed of up to 24Gbps whereas the 3548s only up to 10.8Gbps.  Assuming they
both are at the same price, which should I choose? I am also considering the
QoS on the switch to support VoIP.  Does 2948G support the same features as
3548XL as well?  We are using many of 3548s at the HQ and like to buy Cisco
CAT for remote offices.  Also, Is 2948G in "End of Life" or "End of
Support"?  Cisco just came out a new 2980G that is same as 2948G but has 80
10/100 ports.

Thomas N.