I'm having a strange problem with my homelab 2511.  Telnet sessions to the
terminal server just drop unexpectedly.  No rhyme or reason to it.  A 'clear
arp' command (from the console) allows me to access the terminal server
again.
No errors on the e0 interface are being generated.  I've tried changing the
transceiver, cable, and moving to a different hub port, but none of those
changes seem to solve the problem.  One of the weirdest 'flaky' problems that
I've ever seen, and terribly frustrating because I can't diagnose the problem
from the router.  (next step: sniff the network)

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before?

If so, what was the solution?

If not, what's your best guess at what the problem could be?

thanks in advance
-e-
May the route be with you
Switch if you must, route if you can  ;-)
http://members.home.net/airwrck