Dear All,

I am using 12.1(5)YB4 realease of Cisco IOS on 1700 platform. I am running
VoIP over the Internet using 64K PPP leased line from my internet service
provider.

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address xx.xx.xx.xx 255.255.255.240
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 speed auto
 full-duplex
!
interface Serial1/0
 bandwidth 64
 ip address xx.xx.xx.xx  255.255.255.252
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 ip rtp header-compression
 ip rtp priority 16384 16383 40
!

Above is extract from my config. Now I want to enable the rtp header
compression but the problem is that when I enable the it I do not hear
anything. Calls get placed but voice packets are not being sent. Is this a
BUG with the IOS. Since RTP is layer 4 protocol if I am not wrong so I think
my ISP do not need to do anything . My both end to end routers have similar
config and have rtp compression enabled.
Can you please advice me over this. Someone adviced me that the similar bug
was there in the IOS 12.1.5(T). So might be IOS what I am using is having
the same bug.

Thanks and best regards,
Mukul