The older 1900's are the only ones I've had problems getting into before.
There'll be a post in the archives where I listed the pin-outs.
After messing about with a breakout box, I found that there was a loop
needed between two of the pins on the older 1900's.
I got hold of a genuine 1900 console cable some time after which confirmed
this.
The standard cisco console cable didn't work. If the loop wasn't there it
didn't let me in.
Sorry, can't find more info at the moment.

Gaz

""Cisco Nuts""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Who said you can't use a standard console cable? Infact that is the cable
> you need to use to console in...just like consoling it to any router.
Also,