From: Rik Guyler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 8:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: GBIC: WS-G5484 / WS-G5486 [7:22675]

Ole, I apologize for getting back so late!  I went out of town after
originally responding and just returned back.

Actually the 3500 switches support the copper GBIC as well, just make sure
you put a newer IOS on the switch or it won't recognize it.  That's the
beauty of the GBIC design - all are supported in any GBIC slot, which makes
everything so modular.  Going the way you described would be expensive and
I'm not sure even possible.  I have not seen a Gb media converter but that
doesn't mean they don't exist.  In any case, I would stay with the coppper
stuff and save your money.

Rik