From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Chuck Larrieu
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 11:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: BGP default-originate bug [7:23847]

found a good one yesterday while going through a series of BGP neighbor
options

entering the command "neighbor a.b.c.d default-originate" causes a router
reload. every time.

I did a search on CCO and came up with Bug Id : CSCdr53754, which states
that:

The default originate command is deprecated for the VPNv4
address family.
Workaround: Do not use this command under address-family vpnv4 mode.

the bug is reported to occur in 12.1T 12.1(2)T 12.1(2) and is supposed to be
fixed in 12.1(3.4) 12.1(3.4)T 12.1(3.4)AA 12.1(3.4)PI 12.0(11.6)ST 12.1(4)DB
12.1(4)DC

well, I spent some time upping IOS images, and I found that in 12.1.5 and
12.1.9 the same event happens every time.

I reread the big report, which states this happens in IOS images for the
c7200 series. I have only my humble 25xx's. So I guess Cisco has not fixed
this for us students. :-

Chuck