Thank you for the explanation, that helps a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: JffryH(Yahoo) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 11:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Route Reflectors and Peer Groups [7:23725]

1. You don't need to worry about this issue after IOS 12.0. Some version of
11.3 also support that and Also have no such problem. Just discard all the
restriction and you will be OK.
2. The restriction is now a history. If you want to know: it is because that
BGP implement poison reverse mechanism to prevent route feedback. That it,
when a router learn route from neighbor A, it will send withdraw to neighbor
A. This ensure A will not learn route back from our router. But when
configured with beer-group, all outbound updates are built once. So our
router will also withdraw the route from other neighbor in the same
peer-group, like neighbor B. If so, B will have no route because it was
withdrawn. Newer version of IOS is clever enough to detect that and keep
them from happening.

CCIE Study Professional Checklist
http://www.geocities.com/berdde/