1.  Open Hyperterminal, choose an icon and name your session, click next.

2.  Select the serial port you are connecting to the router in the Connect
Using field,  click ok.

3.  Click restore defaults in the COM properties box.

4.  Hit enter a few times and you should see the router login prompt.

This should work.