After writing an email to someone else on this groupstudy, I figured i'd
share a part of it with the rest of ya.  Hopefully it's readable.

To sum up the difference between sync and sync communication is this.
Asynchronous communication requires each side maintain it's own clocking.
Synchronous means that one side will generate clocking as it sends it's data
(faster).

For some reason, my analogy has always been this.  Picture two people
dancing the tango.  If both of the dancers try to keep their own beat
(clock) in their mind by thinking about the rhythm, they'll have more on
their mind so they'll be slower to execute the moves = Asynchronous.

Now picture the other side.  Imagine if one of the dancers just did all the
rhythm stuff and kept the beat.  The other person would just have to follow.
Would be much quicker since the follower is just taking the rhythm from the
leader. Ala Synchronous.

So, Synchronous is like they're in-step or synchronized to the beat.  Hope
that makes sense. It was much clearer in my mind before i started describing
it. Guess thinking about dancing or something blurred it all up.

Tim

btw, check out this link if you want more geeky details.

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/eg2069/async.html