-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet am: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 4:46 PM
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Stuart Laubstein
Betreff: Re: IP address on AUI port [7:24779]

If you are connecting a transceiver to either a switch or a hub you will
use a straight-through cable.  If you are connecting the hub to the
switch you either must use the uplink port on the hub--if available--or
use a crossover cable.  All this is necessary to get the ethernet port
UP/UP is to connect the transceiver to the hub or switch and do a no
shut on the interface.

Also, if you do have an uplink port on that hub you shouldn't use that
port to connect your router.  If you do insist on using that port then
you must use a crossover cable.  (are you confused yet?  )

HTH,
John

>>> "Stuart Laubstein"  10/31/01 6:13:53 AM

Hello all, I have set up an ip address on my ethernet port on a 2501.
Will
this also work if it is connected to a hub rather than directly to a
switch.
ie ---switch--->hub--->AUI transceiver--e0  Or maybe I am using the
wrong
cable between the hub and transceiver? I am using a straight through
cable.
The hub is a netgear 10bt and it doesnt blink on the right side when
attached to the transceiver.

thanks

stuart