My setup as follows

I got  VLAN and my IP range is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/25 and gateway being
xxx.xxx.yyy.254/20 .I got a Win2k machine with IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.129
and am able to ping the router and other systems.

Now I plug in a Sun system with Ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.130 ,also specify
/etc/defaultrouter  xxx.xxx.yyy.254 and I am UNABLE to ping router or any
other system.....But am able to ping the Win2K system.

Other hand if I put my SUN system as DHCP..I am able to get IP
address(different subnet address) and ping default router.

Since i thought subnet address might be out of range I put in another Win2k
system and assinged the xxx.xxx.xxx.130 and it works fine.

Why is the variation between WIN2K and Sun system and would appreciate any
solution?Do I need to do any thing on Sun system for it to see the default
on other subnet?

My /etc/netmask file is intact.

Cheers
Ramesh