Hi Dave,

What specific model of 3000 routers do you have?

For the single-serial port models (3102, 3202, etc) the easiest way to get
this to happen is to pick yourself up a couple of cheap CSU/DSUs on eBay, a
couple of 72-0671 V.35 DTE cables (I believe they are also called CAB-NP2VT2
or something similar), and make yourself a back-to-back CSU/DSU cable.

Cheap Adtran 56/64 CSU/DSUs are probably your best bet.

This way, you'll be able to do point-to-point and Frame Relay back-to-back
configurations on your router.

Unfortunately, the older 3000s don't support DCE clocking, so back-to-back
cables aren't available for these units.

Hope this helps!
Paul Lalonde