If anyone is using a 500-CS terminal server and would like advice on how to
upgrade the RAM to run IOS 10.l instead of the 9.1 ROM based IOS, drop me a
line. I can supply a basic config and some intructions on how and what is
needed for the upgrade. Here is a chance to recycle some OLD SIMMS ( or to
buy something you just threw away, like me). Yes Cisco has docs on this, but
it can be a pain to find them and then decipher exactly what needs to be done.

Why would I put this much effort into an old terminal server? 'cause it's
the equivelent to a 2509 or 2511 minus the serial ports and ALOT cheaper.
Perfect for a CCIE lab or someone that is tired of swapping the cables every
time you want to console into your pile of routers.

So whats the catch? why free info?  would you believe "just because"? No, I
dont have a pile of these to sell nor am I going to push anyone else.

Anyways.. I have seen questions posted occasionally about these.. so I know
I'm not the only cheapskate out there using it...

MikeS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]