From: "Rodgers Moore"
To: "McCallum, Robert"
Cc: "Cisco@Groupstudy. Com (E-mail)" ; "'Ccielab'
(E-mail)"
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Comments in Running Config

> Robert,
>
> A config TFTP'd into a router's flash will retain it's comments.  I use
named access lists to document info all the time. For example:

> ip access-list serialnumber
>   remark 44408389291
>
> Rodgers Moore, CCIE# 8153
>
> "McCallum, Robert" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Simple question but I can't find the answer.  How do you add comments
into your config.  I have tried putting the command in then putting comments
in after it with the ! statement but it doesn't work.  I am sure you can do
this but for the life of me can't find out how.  I am sure I must have done
> > this on the ICRC course or something that easy.  And here I am
attempting the lab when I can't even do this.

> > As in homer speak Doh!
> >
> > Robert McCallum
> > only 6 days left
This messsage was sent using the trial version of the
1st Class Mail Server software.

The 1st Class Mail Server 3.0 has lots of cool new features.
Best of all, it's still free! To download the latest version,
go to http://www.1cis.com/download/1cismail.asp