Hi all,

Quick curiosity question - when a short (ethernet) frame is padded to 64
bytes, are there any conventions/rules as to what it is padded with?  I was
looking at a trace and was surprised to see one of our server names in the
padding of an (unrelated) ARP request - I suspect it was 'left over' when a
buffer somewhere wasn't overwritten.
I'm sure I've seen this discussed on groupstudy but can't find it in the
archives - restricting the matched files to specific months seems to be
broken, which doesn't help.

Thanks,
JMcL