ladies and gentlemen who have VoIP knowledge,

We are having a serious problem with our PRI line, when its plugged into the
Catalyst E1 6608 blade, its losing its "D-channel" and dropping calls! We've
now upgraded to CM 3.1(2c), we have all the latest firmware on the phones,
gateway, it seems that all is working beautifully at night when we are
testing, however, in the day when we start getting any sort of load on the
system (more than a couple of calls) calls start dropping and we get this
error in the log:

Error DchannelO OS- D channel out of service
Reason[Optional]: 0
Explanation D channel has gone out of service

When this happens we have no choice but to interrupt phone service for
everyone by putting the PRI line back into the IOS Gateway, and it works
fine ..

details:

WS-6006 version 6.2(2)
WS-6608-E1 blade firmware 5.4(2)
ON the 6608 blade:
Port 3/1 Registered as E1 PRI
Port 3/2 Registered MTP
Port 3/3 Registered MTP
Port 3/4 (Port Host Processor Not Online) - This could be the problem!
however, we cannot get this port to do anything, i.e. disable, change vlans,
nothing - it is
currently in "enabled" state though!
Port 3/5 Registered MTP
Port 3/6 Registered MTP
Port 3/7 Registered MTP
Port 3/8 Registered MTP

The overnight Error logs do not get this message, so i'm pretty sure it has
something to do with activity on the line, causing it to lose its signal??

Does anyone have any clue about this? Any help is much, much appreciated ...

thanks in advance! - jason