Rock -

On a serial line, one generally runs either PPP, hdlc, or frame -- but
only one! If the command "encapsulation ppp" is used, then that is your
encapsulation type, not hdlc. The source of your errors is elsewhere.

BASSOLE Rock wrote:

> I have a configuration on a router that does "ppp encapsulation" over a
> serial line. Our operator is running HDLC on the line. On this line we get
> some CRC errors from time to time. Can this configuration be responsible
for
> the CRC errors?
>
> Is it correct to run "ppp encapsulation" over hdlc lines?

A good starting point is to read up on troublshooting serial line problems

you can do that at

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/112/chapter15.htm

The article at this link suggests that you only worry if errors are more
than about 1% of the traffic passed.

--
Jason

Boson BCMSN1 BSCN2 BSCI2 practice tests