Do you ever read my posts? You should. ;->

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Ken Diliberto
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 10:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Lots of BGP Practice [7:25898]

[Hair-brained idea alert!!!]

I was thinking, which is sometimes a dangerous thing.  What if each of us
put a router or two up on our Internet connections and create our own
cluster of autonomous systems?  This would let me and my 4 routers have more
entries in my AS-Path than I could ever do on my own.  We could have someone
(could be me, but I don't care) coordinate the AS allocation.  This way, I
could add two or three AS entries to the collection.  Someone else could add
another 2 or three.  Soon, we would have a nice collection that we could
really screw up.  :-)

I'd have to tunnel BGP through my firewall, but that's another challenge.

Thoughts?

Ken