The static routes are used to simply build your routing table, they,
as with routing protocols, do not "load share" but most protocols
support multiple equal cost paths.  When it comes to load sharing it's
the switching mechanism that is important.  Process switching, (no ip
route-cache) will load share per packet, fast switching, (ip route
cache) will switch per destination.  CEF can do the same more
eficiently.

  Dave