Sure it's possible.  No problemo.  This is no different than connecting the
Cats together via single Gig links.

Rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Washington Rico [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 9:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 2 sets of Gigabit Ethernet Channels. [7:26317]

As always I appreciate your input on anything you cisco people can give me.

Question:

If you have 3 cat6500's...

Cat 1 and 2 are already channeled by Gigabit ethernet.  Can I channel Cat 3
to Cat2 by Gigabit as well?  This will obligate Cat 2 to have 2 sets of
channels all are Gigabit...is this possible??

>Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet Channels. [7:26077]
>Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:45:56 -0500
>
>I wouldn't create 2 etherchannels between the switches, as this creates
>a loop, and with STP enabled, one of the channels would be disabled.
>Use
all
>4 ports, or 2 of the ports; one from each supervisor engine.  The
>commands to accomplish this would be as follows:
>
>set port chan 1/1,2/1 on (2 port etherchannel, one from each supervisor
>engine)
>set port chan 1/1-2/2 on (4-port etherchannel)
>
>-Brant.

Cat
> > Gigabit pors 1/1-2 and 2/1-2.  Cat B Gigabit ports 1/1-2 and 2/1-2.
Can I
> > create a channel were Cat A ports 1/1,2/1 are on the same channel or
> > am
> > forced to use contiguous ports as 1/1-2 as one channel group?
> >
> > Cat software 5.5.7

>$B;H$($k%V%i%&%6$G!"%$%s%?! > http://explorer.msn.co.jp/
$B;H$($k%V%i%&%6$G!"%$%s%?!<%M%C%H@83h$b$C$H3Z$7$/$J$k!*(B
http://explorer.msn.co.jp/