The HTTP 500 error is an internal server error. It usually happens when
accessing .cgi, .pl or .asp scripts. 95% of the time it is a syntax error in
the code the rest of the time it is an error from the httpd daemon and a
restart fixes it. If it is only giving errors through the secure network I'd
think there is something wrong in the way the PIX is translating packets
(possible bug).This may sound like strange behavior but it happens. Case in
point, NFS mounts intermittenly fail over chekpoint VPN's on sun servers.
Sniff the packets from both ends (workstation and Webserver) during an HTTP
request and make sure the packets match up and they are getting where they
need to go. Hope this helps.

sam sneed

""Tim Bowyer""  wrote in message
> The internal users from my company are accessing a web site from our
secured
> backbone going through PIX and Raptor. There are 2 servers with different
> public IP address .
> The two servers are identical according to the server admin and
application
> folks.
> One of them is accessible from our backbone but the other one does not
> respond
> and we get http 500 error.
> These servers are accessible once we dial any ISP and not go through PIX
etc.
> Users in our internal backbone are not having problems accessing any
publuc
> web sites.
> So the problem seems to be at this server end ?????
>  This Server does something not allowed through the PIX. It probably
breaches
> security ??
> I get proper response once I telnet on port 80 from our  Gateway router
> connected to Internet. When I do telnet from Internal router just behind
PIX