I am in the process of redesigning and Implementing entirely new
Infrastructure for our client. I have some confusion about tunneling issue.
Currently this client is using IS-IS as their routing protocol but in this
new setup we will implement EIGRP for a routing protocol and client will
still use DECNet. I know I configure tunnel 0 int on msfc with source and
destination address to route only DECnet thru tunnel 0 int. I created a
seperate VLAN in the LAN side with all DECnet device connect directly to
that particular vlan. I will create same vlan int on msfc with no ip
address. Currently they have area 51 and area 8 and to keep things simple I
want use the same area numbers with required end stations with in the area.
so my question is wheather this is possible if so how would DECnet vlan int
on msfc would route those packets from DECnet-vlan int to tunnel 0 int?. I
have seen different configuration and read lot of suff on tunneling but
still have some confusions.
Thanks.