If a FRAD is connected to the router, wouldn't he need to use frame
relay switching?  If so, what does he do with the incoming frame relay
encapsulated data when it hits the router with the CIP?

We did something similar a couple of years ago where we used frame
relay switching to get from the remote FRAD to a local FRAD, but it was
the local FRAD that had the connection to the FEP.

Is there a way that he could utilize the CIP connection to the
mainframe?

I'm assuming the network he desires looks like this:

remoteFRAD -------router--------F/R link----------router------CIP

In our case, it looked like this;

remoteFRAD--------router---------F/R
link--------router-----FRAD--------FEP

Regards,
John

>>> "MADMAN"  11/19/01 2:47:49 PM >>>
Yes though you seem concerned about the presence of the CIP, the CIP
has nothing to do for or against your frame connection.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"