I agree with Scott, however, you have to examine the source of the
information (look at what is telling you 75KB/sec).  If you are downloading
a file or with an FTP program in Windows, etc, usually they will report the
data that is transferred, meaning the amount of the actual file being
transferred.  However, this does not take into account any protocol overhead
that would contribute to the actual amount of bandwidth being used.  Whereas
if you look at thruput on a router interface, that should show an accurate
account of how many bits/sec thruput you're getting including protocol
overhead.

For example, as I rule I thumb I use 10 to convert from KB to Kbps in
bandwidth terms because of the extra overhead.  So if, in Windows, I'm
getting a download at 75KB/sec, that would be ~750Kbps, roughly 1/2 a T1.

It depends on what you're wanting to know.  If you're downloading at
150Kbps, some people might say, "Well, that's only 150*8 = 1200Kbps" so
you're not getting the full T1 you're paying for.  But in reality, with
overhead, you're actually getting close to the 1.54Mbps you're paying for.

My 2 cents.

Mike W.