Just my inputs to all the CCIE written aspirants with respect to these 2
tests - I have both and heres my view of them

Zone :
A direct attack on your BASICS of the subject - so that means if yu can
"Memorise" all the pkt sizes and LSA types etc - yu DONT stand a chance with
these tests cause they really test your KNOWLEDGE of the subject area - thats
why I enjoyed doing them cause they really rocked you on your fundamentals !!
- which is what i really wanted - so you can imagine that out fo the 12 tests
that I itook I must have failed in 8 of them before i started nearing a
passable mark ; which sent my heart racing and my confidence shaking - but
thats what they are out there for and they must rank as one of the BEST tools
out there for the CCIE prep.

BOSON
Very good from an Exam-Prep point of view - wide in coverage but not too
'twisted"in nature to shake you on your fundamnetals. So do it I guess closer
to the exams

What I liked about the Boson tests were that they always gave yu a link to
the
cisco site for the subject matter they were testing you on - so that
sometimes
gives yu a different view of the technology which helped me a lot at times -
different view points - so review their answers on every question its a great
guide !

So if yu are purely exam bound then its Boson for you but if yu want to
really
get rock hard on yur fundamentals - then its the Zone's papers !1

Good luck !!